As mentioned in links, I followed the process of disconnecting and reconnecting network cable several times. After several attempts I was able to upgrade to WP7.8.
I will mention steps again-
- Turn phone to Airplane mode to disconnect all network (Cellular/WiFi).
- Connect Phone to PC using USB cable and start Zune.
- Go to Settings > Phone > Update.
- If it displays that your phone is having latest update, go to some other option in setting.
- Now be prepared to disconnect your internet in 1-2 (or 3) seconds.
- Click again on “Update” and in 1 or 2 or 3 seconds disconnect internet of your PC by pulling off network cable, or turning off WiFi.
- If successful (may take several attempts), Phone will display update available. I got 3 Updates as mentioned below before I got latest update.
7.10.8558.136 (This is latest Update of WP7.8).
I had to follow steps of disconnecting cable for all above mentioned updates. It took 2-3 hours for me till I got all updates, so patience is needed to try for several attempts.
Although as mentioned in 1 link above, I dint get any update from Samsung. May be Samsung would send their updates later.
I am able to resize my tiles, and new accent colours available, and also able to set Bing as Lock Wallpaper.
Now I have below versions in my phone-
OS Version: 7.10.8858.136
Firmware revision number: 2424.12.04.3
Hardware revision number: 18.104.22.168
Radio software version: 0422.214.171.124
Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.900
Bootloader version: 126.96.36.199
Chip SOC version: 0.74.2.1
Good Luck!!! (Try at your risk)