Recently Samsung has started roll out for Tango Update. However there is no notification for upgrade while Windows Phone is connected to Zune. From various online sources, I tried to force upgrade my Samsung Omnia W following below steps. If anybody is interested they can also follow these steps at their OWN RISK.
Steps to force Tango Upgrade-
• Set phone to Flight Mode which will turn off Phone Network, WiFi, and Bluetooth.
• Connect your phone to PC via USB cable. Zune application will open.
• Go to Phone by clicking “Phone” symbol.
• Go to Settings, and click update.
• While Zune displays searching for update disconnect internet connection to PC after about 2-3 seconds.
• If above steps are right, there should be prompt about new update 8112 available. (Repeat above step if there is no prompt for update available). [Image 01]
• Update phone with 8112.
• Follow above steps again. This time update prompt for 8773 would be displayed. [Image 02]
• After 8773 update is complete, Zune will also Update Omnia W with some updates from Samsung. [Image 03]
OS Details after Tango Update-
OS Version: 7.10.8773.98
Firmware revision number: 2424.12.04.3
Hardware revision number: 126.96.36.199
Radio software version: 04188.8.131.52
Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.900
Bootloader version: 184.108.40.206
Chip SOC version: 0.74.2.1